Saturday, September 16, 2006

"THE LORD IS WITH YOU MIGHTY WARRIOR."

Gideon, a man threshing wheat in a winepress.
Gideon, who asked, "where are all his wonders that our fathers told us about
Gideon who said, "My clan is the weakest in Manasseh and I am the least in my family.
Gideon, The Mighty Warrior?

Gideon has been one of my favourite character in the bible. Not that he's a great man, I mean, he never stand a place in the hall of fame among the other big names! His life was condensed in 3 short chapters. But God chose to speak to me through him!

As I read again about this man, I wondered, Why Gideon? A very ordinary man who at best know how to follow instructions, perform some miracles, be a leader over the israelities...A mighty warrior?

But indeed he is GOd's Mighty Warrior and perhaps had a very special place in God's heart.

The Israelites said to Gideon "Rule over us - you, your son and your grandson-because you saved us out of the hand of Midian." Reckon the offer of fame, power and riches.

But Gideon told them, " I will not rule over you, nor will my son rule over you. THE LORD WILL RULE OVER YOU."

THank God for sharing, his reason for choosing Gideon, The Mighty Warrior


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home